The house of Fendi was launched in 1925 by Adele and Edoardo Fendi as a fur and leather shop in Via del Plebiscito,
Rome. Since 1946, the five sisters of second generation (Paola, Anna, Franca, Carla & Alda) started entering the
company and bought new wave of enthusiasm. Karl Lagerfeld joined Fendi in 1965 and became the Creative Director for
Fur and also for Women Ready-to-Wear (launched in 1977). Silvia Venturini Fendi, daughter of Anna, joined in 1994 and
is the Creative Director for Accessories and Men’s lines. Since 2001, Fendi became a multinational luxury fashion brand
and member of LVMH group.
In 2014, Fendi started making plans to use drones to show its catwalk fashions.